Aims and Objectives
We are a Personal Medical Services (PMS) Practice offering Primary care services for the diagnosis and prevention of disease. We help patients to manage their health and prevent illness. Our Health Professionals assess, diagnose, treat and manage illness. We carry out screening for some diseases and promote general health and wellbeing. Our Health Professionals act as a patient’s advocate, supporting and representing a patient’s best interests to ensure they receive the best and most appropriate health and/or social care. Our Health Professionals also provide the link to further health services and work closely with other healthcare colleagues. We may also arrange hospital admissions and referrals to other services and specialists and link with secondary and community services about patient care, taking advice and sharing information where needed. We also collect and record important information from other healthcare professionals involved in the treatment of our patients.
Our Health Professionals are also involved in the education and training of medical students, practice staff and other healthcare professionals.
We believe that good quality care is a partnership between you, the patient, and our Primary Health Care Team and that the success of that partnership depends on an understanding of each other’s needs and co-operation between all involved in your health care.
We aim to provide the best possible service to our patients to improve the health, well-being and lives of those we care for by:
- Providing high quality, safe, professional Primary Health Care General Practice services to our patients
- Focusing on prevention of disease by promoting health and well-being and offering care and advice to our patients
- Working in partnership with our patients, their families and carers towards a positive experience and understanding, involving them in decision making about their treatment and care.
- Being a learning organisation that continually improves what we are able to offer patients.
- Treating patients as individuals and with the same respect we would want for ourselves or a member or our families, listening and supporting people to express their needs and wants and enabling people to maintain the maximum possible level of independence, choice and control
- Working in partnership with other agencies to tackle the causes of, as well as provide the treatment for ill health and where appropriate involve other professionals in the care of our patients.
- Encouraging our patients to communicate with us by joining our Patient Forum, talking to us, participating in surveys, and feeding back and on the services that we offer
- Ensuring all staff have the competency and motivation to deliver the required standards of care ensuring that all members of the team have the right skills and training to carry out their duties competently
- Taking care of our staff offering them support to do their jobs and to protect them against abuse
- Having a zero tolerance of all forms of abuse.
- Providing our patients and staff with an environment which is safe and friendly
- Operating on a financially sound basis.
The PMS services provided by our practice are defined under the Standard Personal Medical Services Contract. These services are mainly split into three groups:
We provide essential services for people who have health conditions from which they are expected to recover, chronic disease management and general management of terminally ill patients.
Our core services include:
- GP consultations
- Asthma clinics
- COPD clinics
- Diabetes clinics
Our additional services include:
- Cervical cytology screening
- Childhood vaccinations and immunisations
- Child health surveillance
- Contraceptive services
- Maternity medical services
- Vaccinations and immunisations
- Certain minor surgery procedures
Our enhanced services include:
- Alcohol Consumption Screening
- Anti-Coagulation Monitoring (INR)
- Flu Vaccinations, including children aged 2-5 years
- Learning Disability Health Checks
- MMR Catch-up Programme Vaccinations
- NHS Health Checks
- Nurse Phlebotomy
- Pertussis Vaccinations
- Pneumococcal Vaccinations
- Rota Virus Vaccinations
- Shared Care Monitoring
- Shingles Vaccinations
- Timely diagnosis & support for people with dementia
- Tissue Viability (Wound Care) for Mobile Patients
- Tissue Viability (Leg Ulcers) for Mobile Patients
Our Practice also offers services including:
- Antenatal Care, Child health and development
- Ear wax and syringing
- End of life care
- Lung testing (spirometry)
- Medication review
- Men’s health
- Mental health
- Contraceptive advice
- Ring pessary replacement
- Stop smoking support
- Travel advice
- Women’s health
Our Practice also provides services which are non NHS and are paid for by the patient. These services include:
- Insurance reports and claims forms
- Private medical reports
- Non NHS vaccinations
- Prescription for taking medication abroad
- Private sick notes
- Pre-employment and Driving (HGV, PSV, Taxi, Elderly, Racing Driver, etc) medicals
- Vaccination certificates
- Completion of Certificates/Forms/Letters