This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.

Sickness Certificates

diaryYou do not require a doctor's sickness certificate for any illness lasting seven days or less. Your employer may however require you to complete a self-certification form (SC2) which is available from your employer or on the HMRC website

For any illness lasting longer than seven days you will need a fit note (Med3) issuing by a Doctor.

Please call reception if you need a fit note for work - they will assess if you need to speak to a Doctor for the certificate to be issued. Please follow the same procedure for extending a note

If your employer insists on a sickness certificate for 7 days or less a charge will be levied

Coronavirus update:

If you have been told to self isolate because of coronavirus and you need a note for employer, you can produce a self certificate via this link: NHS isolation note

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website